2. Myth: Coronary disease is only present if chest pain exists
3. Anginal symptoms may differ from patient to patient, each patient is unique
4. More than 50% of ischemic spells (inadequate oxygenation of heart tissues) occur without symptoms of chest pain
5. Myth: Patients with angina should not exercise, they need to exercise carefully
6. Regularly attempts at exercise along with the right medications help raise the threshold before angina occurs.
7. Beta blockers, calcium channel blockers, nitrates all improve supply and demand. Ranexa improves status
9. Central Sleep Apnea (CSA) can be idiopathic due to Cheynes Strokes, Narcotics, Newborn, CPAP exces.
POSTED BY: Steven Ajluni, MD